Your Back to School Catalogue* is in the mail. Find it in your school sometime this week or view it online by clicking on the link minicataloguefall.
The catalogue includes our new, bestselling, and upcoming titles. For more information on these titles or to view our entire selection, visit www.pandmpress.com.
*All special offers are only available on school orders. All special offers are not available on online orders.
Join P&M Press at the NCTE Northwest Regional Conference in Burnaby, BC. We are pleased that several P&M Press authors are offering thoughtful, informative, and engaging sessions at this conference – plan on attending.
- David Booth
- Faye Brownlie
- Kathleen Gregory
- Dave Leochko
- Marlene McKay
- Thompson Owens
- Tom Rossi
- Leyton Schnellert
- Shelley S. Peterson
For more information about the NCTE Northwest Regional Conference and author session times and locations, download the conference program at www.bctela.ca.
In 1983, Beatrice Mosionier (then Culleton) blazed onto the stage of Canadian literature with the publication of her first novel, In Search of April Raintree. With searing clarity, Mosionier explored the struggle of two Métis sisters as they tried to make sense of the powerlessness, racism, and loss that loomed so large in their lives.
For years, readers have been asking: How much of April Raintree’s story is from the author’s own life?
Come Walk With Me, A Memoir is Mosionier’s long-awaited response to that question. In it, she recounts a life that often parallels that of her most memorable fictional character. Like April, Mosionier confronts great loss – of family, of innocence, and of dignity. However, whereas April is just beginning her quest for self-realization, Mosionier shares with us how she has found fulfillment – artistically, politically, and personally. She also includes the recovery of her powerful bond with her mother, a bond nearly destroyed by the family’s separation in 1952.
Visit Beatrice’s newly launched website at www.beatrice-culleton-mosionier.com
Order your copy today at www.pandmpress.com.
Visit the P&M Booths
Below is a list of P&M Press authors speaking at the 38th Annual SAG Co-Ordinated Conferences. Sessions will take place at various locations across Winnipeg, MB. Each author has prepared a thoughtful, informative, and engaging session – plan on attending.
- Anne Davies – Focus on Early Years Learners: How to Use Classroom Assessment to Support Learning(Keynote) – program page 19
- Rhian Brynjolson – Back to the Drawing Board – program page 25
- Colleen Politano – A 7 Step Guide to MAC: Maximizing Advantages for Children- program page 27
- Dianne Soltess -Teaching Grade 1 and 2 Math and Teaching Grade 3 and 4 Math – program page 30 & 32
- Celia Baron – Mathematical Understanding Through Puzzles and Fun Facts That Work - program page 30 & 31
- Robin Bright – Does Writing Still Matter? Teens and Teachers Show Us How – program page 42
- Linda McDowell – Nice Women DID Want The Vote-And Manitoba Led The Way – program page 89
- Linda Connor & David McDowell – Beyond the Teacher’s Guide for Gr. 7 - program page 91
For more information about the annual conference, session locations and times, and to register for an author’s session click on www.mbteach.org.
Now available at an introductory price!
by Jennifer Lawson
P&M Press is proud to announce that Hands-On English Language Learning Early Years is now available. Purchase it before Dec. 31, 2009 to receive the special introductory price of $129*. Place your order by contacting customer service at 1-800-667-9673 or online at www.pandmpress.com.
To assist your students in developing language skills, Hands-On English Language Learning includes
- specific curricular connections for each lesson to identify links to subject-area themes in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, health, physical education, and the arts
- integrated class activities to promote learning in context for all students in the classroom
- suggested activities that focus on curricular topics in all subject areas, while supporting English language learners
- relevant topics such as the classroom and school, clothing, food, hobbies and interests, plants and animals of Canada, the world, and the environment
- age-appropriate, high-interest learning activities that foster the development of essential English language vocabulary and skills in listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing, and representing
- activities (in keeping with the philosophy of all Portage & Main Press Hands-On programs) that are student-centred and focus on real-life, hands-on experiences
To download sample pages from Hands-On English Language Learning, click here.
*the regular price is $132