I Am Special (Unit 1)
From Kindergarten Plus!by Joni Bowman
In I Am Special!, your students will focus on becoming familiar with the rules and routines of the classroom, orienting themselves to the "Big School," making new friends, and recognizing the importantance and special qualities of everyone in your kindergarten class. Each student will be involved in a number of activities, including:
- ordering the students in the class by height
- sequencing a " Day in the Life of a Kindergarten Student"
- creating a classroom Birthday Bulletin Board
- sorting items in treasure boxes, with a friend
- playing counting, matching, and memory games
- creating simple patterns, using student participation
- creating an "I Am Speical" book that students can read by themselves
- discussing feelings about his/her first day of kindergarten
- creating a class"Big Book" about why every student in the class is special
- reciting poems and songs
and much more!
To purchase the complete Kindergarten Plus! kit ($475), click on Buy Book Set in the right-hand column.