Apples and Pumpkins (Unit 2)
From Kindergarten Plus!by Joni Bowman
In Apples and Pumpkins, kindergarten students welcome the fall season. Your students will be involved in a variety of activities, including:
- creating apple patterns
- graphing apples by colour and taste
- weighing apples and pumpkins, using a balance scale
- ordering apples and pumpkins by size
- making apple prints
- sorting apples and pumpkins, using a variety of sorting rules
- estimating the circumference of a pumpkin
- counting and estimating pumpkin seeds
- mixing red and yellow paint to create orange pumpkins
- sequencing the life cycle of an apple tree and the growth of a pumpkin
- reciting apple and pumpkin poems and songs
and much more!
To purchase the complete Kindergarten Plus! kit ($475), click on Buy Book Set in the right-hand column.