Apples and Pumpkins (Unit 2)
From Kindergarten Plus!by Joni Bowman
In Apples and Pumpkins, your kindergarten students will be involved in a variety of hands-on activities that focus on welcoming the fall season. Activities include:
- creating apple patterns
- graphing apples by colour and taste
- weighing apples and pumpkins, using a balance scale
- ordering apples and pumpkins by size
- making apple prints
- sorting apples and pumpkins, using a variety of sorting rules
- estimating the circumference of a pumpkin
- counting and estimating pumpkin seeds
- mixing red and yellow paint to create orange pumpkins
- sequencing the life cycle of an apple tree and the growth of a pumpkin
- reciting apple and pumpkin poems and songs
and much more!
Apples and Pumpkins is one unit in Kindergarten Plus! Each unit delivers a developmentally appropriate approach for teaching and learning. Kindergarten students will learn through active engagement, hands-on activities, observations, experimentation, and social interaction with others. To find more information about Kindergarten Plus! please click here.