In Unit 3, students will learn about a variety of colours and shapes as they experiment, mix, and create during a number of hands-on activities. Some highlights of this unit include:
- creating and extending patterns using colours and shapes
- graphing eye colour and comparing the results
- conducting a survey of favourite colours and graphing the results
- making a shape book starring Terry Triangle, Sammy Square, Cindy Circle, and Robby Rectangle
- counting and sorting buttons and coloured blocks
- playing counting games that focus on the numbers from 11 to 20
- mixing primary colours to create secondary colours
- reciting colour poems and songs with a focus on rhyming words and the identification of some basic sight words
- exploring the capacity of a variety of containers
- playing Colour and Shape Bingo
- creating actions to colour poems in cooperative groups
and much more!
To purchase the complete Kindergarten Plus! kit ($475), click on Buy Book Set in the right-hand column.