There will be plenty of excitement and energy in your kindergarten classroom with the Friendship unit. This unit will add some sunshine as the students discover the importance of being a good friend and of having friends in their lives. Your students will be involved in a variety of activities, including:
- graphing the number of letters in our names
- investigating different ways to make a number (e.g., the number 7 can be: 5 + 2, 3 + 4, 6 + 1)
- making patterned heart necklaces
- measuring different parts of the human body (e.g., arm, leg, foot) with popsicle sticks
- counting by 2’s to 20
- identifying, sorting, and constructing three-dimensional objects
- reviewing basic sight words in the weekly poems, as well as identifying rhyming words and descriptive words
- creating his/her won actions to new and familiar songs and poems
- discussing the importance of the heart and healthy eating
- talking about his/her feelings and being sensitive to others
- reviewing manners and the need to be respectful to one another
- creating a “Friendship Fruit Salad”
And much more!
To purchase the complete Kindergarten Plus! kit ($475), click on Buy Book Set in the right-hand column.