All About Bears (Unit 7)
From Kindergarten Plus!by Joni Bowman
During the final weeks of winter, students learn all about bears in this unit. For several weeks your students will be involved in a variety of activities including:
- taking part in a teddy bear parade to learn about patterns
- graphing favourite oatmeal toppings
- exploring the “Hundreds Chart”
- telling time to the hour by looking at a “Day in the Life of a Teddy Bear”
- constructing his/her own clock for telling time to the hour
- sequencing the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- measuring the length, weight, and tummy circumference of teddy bears
- reviewing basic sight words, rhyming words, punctuation, descriptive words, and word families in the weekly poems
- identifying the difference between real and fictional bears
- talking about hibernation and how bears prepare for their long winter’s nap
- celebrating a Teddy Bear’s Picnic with the class’s favourite teddy bear
and much more!
To purchase the complete Kindergarten Plus! kit ($475), click on Buy Book Set in the right-hand column.