On The Farm (Unit 9)
From Kindergarten Plus!by Joni Bowman
In On the Farm, your kindergarten students will be involved in a variety of hands-on activities that focus on the farm. Activities include:
- sorting and graphing farm animals based on a variety of attributes
- skip-counting by fives
- graphing our favourite flavor of mile
- revisiting two-dimensional shapes
- reviewing telling time to the hour
- introducing three-dimensional shapes
- creating our own actions to some new familiar poems
- using weekly poems to identify basic sight words, rhyming words, words that belong to the “en” family and the ch-sound and sh-sound
- identifying and discussing the role of quotation marks in a story or poem
- looking at a variety of products that come from the farm
- learning the names of baby animals on the farm
and much more!
On the Farm is one unit in Kindergarten Plus! Each unit delivers a developmentally appropriate approach for teaching and learning. Kindergarten students will learn through active engagement, hands-on activities, observations, experimentation, and social interaction with others. To find more information about Kindergarten Plus! please click here.