In the unit, Community Helpers, you and your students will celebrate all those who contribute to our local community. As the students “travel” through the community, they will take part in a variety of engaging hands-on activities including:
- sorting “tools” used by community helpers
- putting letters for postal delivery in numerical order
- ordering shoes by size at the shoe store
- discussing the mass and capacity of various items at the bulk-food store
- designing patterned jewellery for a local jewellery shop
- creating different sundae combinations at the ice cream shop
- creating our own actions to new and familiar poems
- using weekly poems to identify community helpers, to read basic sight words, to identify rhyming words, to recognize and discuss the function of question marks and exclamation marks, and to identify descriptive words
- discussing a variety of community helpers and the important role they play in the community
- learning the importance of 911 in an emergency
and much more!
To purchase the complete Kindergarten Plus! kit ($475), click on Buy Book Set in the right-hand column.