In Achieving Aboriginal Student Success, author Pamela Toulouse provides strategies, lessons, and hands-on activities that support both Indigenous and non-Indigenous learners in grades K to 8. Read chapters on topics such as:
- Indigenous Teaching Strategies in the Classroom
- Increasing Literacy Success by Implementing an Indigenous Model
- Character Education and the Seven Goodlife Teachings of the Anishinabek
- Engaging in Partnerships With the Indigenous Community
- Seasonal Lesson Ideas and the 13 Moons of the Anishinabek
- Literature-Based Lesson Plans for Grades K to 8
This book will help you infuse Indigenous perspectives into your curriculum, as well as teach to the specific needs of Indigenous students. Find best practices for classroom-management techniques, assessment tools, suggestions for connecting to the Indigenous community, and much more! This resource is about building bridges between cultures that foster respect, appreciation, and understanding.