During the final weeks of winter, your kindergarten students will be involved in a variety of hands-on activities that focus on bears. Activities include:
- learning about patterns by taking part in a teddy bear parade
- graphing favourite oatmeal toppings
- exploring the “Hundreds Chart”
- telling time to the hour by looking at a “Day in the Life of a Teddy Bear”
- constructing his/her own clock for telling time to the hour
- sequencing the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- measuring the length, weight, and tummy circumference of teddy bears
- reviewing basic sight words, rhyming words, punctuation, descriptive words, and word families in the weekly poems
- identifying the difference between real and fictional bears
- talking about hibernation and how bears prepare for their long winter’s nap
- celebrating a Teddy Bear’s Picnic with the class’s favourite teddy bear
and much more!
All About Bears is one unit in Kindergarten Plus! Each unit delivers a developmentally appropriate approach for teaching and learning. Kindergarten students will learn through active engagement, hands-on activities, observations, experimentation, and social interaction with others.