The move toward teaching through inquiry is evident in curriculum documents across the continent. In this book, you’ll find a clear approach for incorporating inquiry into your classroom.
Based on current research and solid classroom experience, authors Tina Jagdeo and Lara Jensen examine what inquiry is, then break it down into manageable steps that can be used with any K–12 age group. They explore and explain each step, providing real-life classroom examples.
The Bold School model
- provides a four-step inquiry process as a manageable way to deepen understanding and solve a problem or issue.
- focuses on the importance of critical, creative and compassionate thinking skills in today’s world.
- uses provocations to kickstart inquiry and encourage students to wonder.
- builds a toolkit of strategies for research.
- encourages divergent thinking to brainstorm ways students can make a difference in local and global contexts.
- explores a variety of ways to take action.
- shows administrators how to support teachers to teach through inquiry.