In Colours and Shapes, Kindergarten students will be involved in a variety of hands-on activities that focus on colours and shapes. Activites include:
- creating and extending patterns using colours and shapes
- graphing eye colour and comparing the results
- conducting a survey of favourite colours and graphing the results
- making a shape book starring Terry Triangle, Sammy Square, Cindy Circle, and Robby Rectangle
- counting and sorting buttons and coloured blocks
- playing counting games that focus on the numbers from 11 to 20
- mixing primary colours to create secondary colours
- reciting colour poems and songs with a focus on rhyming words and the identification of some basic sight words
- exploring the capacity of a variety of containers
- playing Colour and Shape Bingo
- creating actions to colour poems in cooperative groups
and much more!
Colours and Shapes is one unit in Kindergarten Plus! Each unit delivers a developmentally appropriate approach for teaching and learning. Kindergarten students will learn through active engagement, hands-on activities, observations, experimentation, and social interaction with others.