Have your students run, run, as fast as they can, to the exciting hands-on activities in the popular unit, Gingerbread Man. Activities include:
- comparing different versions of the gingerbread man story
- making candy patterns on gingerbread man cutouts
- being introduced to simple addition and subtraction
- estimating handfuls of buttons, cubes, and gingerbread counters
- learning about Canadian coins, and using pennies, nickels, and dimes to purchase materials to decorate a class gingerbread man
- being introduced to the concept of area by covering a gingerbread man with marshmallow
- graphing our favourite gingerbread man story
- baking and decorating gingerbread man cookies
- reciting gingerbread poems and songs
and much more!
Gingerbread Man is one unit in Kindergarten Plus! Each unit delivers a developmentally appropriate approach for teaching and learning. Kindergarten students will learn through active engagement, hands-on activities, observations, experimentation, and social interaction with others.