The Hands-On Science program emphasizes the foundations of scientific literacy as established in the Pan-Canadian Protocol.
This teacher resource offers a detailed introduction to the Hands-On Science program, which includes its guiding principles, implementation guidelines, an overview of the science skills that grade 7 students use and develop, and a classroom assessment plan complete with record-keeping templates.
This resource has four instructional units:
- Unit 1: Interactions within Ecosystems
- Unit 2: Particle Theory of Matter
- Unit 3: Forces and Structures
- Unit 4: Earth’s Crust
Each unit is divided into lessons that focus on specific curricular outcomes. Each lesson has
- materials lists
- activity descriptions
- questioning techniques
- activity centre and extension ideas
- assessment suggestions
- activity sheets and visuals