Now includes FREE access to the digital reproducibles.
Hands-On Social Studies for Ontario is filled with a year’s worth of classroom-tested activities. The grade 3 book is divided into two units:
- Communities in Canada, 1780–1850
- Living and Working in Ontario
With materials for both teachers and students, this edition includes many familiar great features: curriculum correlation charts; summary charts showing expectations; complete, easy-to-follow lesson plans; image banks and reproducibles; materials lists; and hands-on, student-centred activities. Exciting features new to this edition include:
- ideas for extending the learning
- opportunities for student self-reflection and activating prior knowledge
- authentic assessment for, as, and of learning opportunities
- the five components of the inquiry model
- concepts of social studies thinking, guided inquiry questions, and learning goals
- support for developing historical thinking skills
- FREE access to digital image banks and digital reproducibles (Find download instructions in your book on the reverse side of the title page.)
This resource, developed by experienced educators, focuses on the goals of the Ontario Social Studies curriculum as identified by the Ontario Ministry (2013) and adheres to the Growing Success document for assessment, evaluating, and reporting in Ontario schools.