Now includes FREE access to the digital reproducibles.
Hands-On Social Studies for Ontario is filled with a year’s worth of classroom-tested activities. The grade six book is divided into two units:
- Communities in Canada, Past and Present
- Canada’s Interactions with the Global Community
With materials for both teachers and students, this new edition includes many familiar great features: curriculum correlation charts; summary charts showing expectations; complete, easy-to-follow lesson plans; visuals and reproducibles; materials lists; and hands-on, student-centred activities. Exciting new features include:
- photo files that relate to the lesson topic(s)
- ideas for extending the learning
- opportunities for self-reflection and activating prior knowledge
- authentic assessment for, as, and of learning opportunities
- the five components of the inquiry model
- concepts of social studies thinking, guided inquiry questions, and learning goals
- support for developing historical thinking skills
- FREE access to digital image banks and digital reproducibles (Find download instructions in your book on the reverse side of the title page.)
Hands-On Social Studies for Ontario focuses on strengthening students’ knowledge and understanding of Indigenous histories, cultures, perspectives, contributions, and ways of knowing, as well as the history of the residential school system, treaties, and the Indian Act.
This resource, developed by experienced educators, centers on the goals of the Ontario Social Studies curriculum as identified by the Ontario Ministry (2013) and adheres to the Growing Success document for assessment, evaluating, and reporting in Ontario schools.