In I Am Special, your kindergarten students will be involved in a variety of hands-on activities that focus on becoming familiar with the rules and routines of the classroom, orienting themselves to the “Big School,” making new friends, and recognizing the importance and special qualities of everyone in your kindergarten class. Activities include:
- ordering the students in the class by height
- sequencing a ” Day in the Life of a Kindergarten Student”
- creating a classroom Birthday Bulletin Board
- sorting items in treasure boxes, with a friend
- playing counting, matching, and memory games
- creating simple patterns, using student participation
- creating an “I Am Special” book that students can read by themselves
- discussing feelings about his/her first day of kindergarten
- creating a class”Big Book” about why every student in the class is special
- reciting poems and songs
and much more!
I Am Special is one unit in Kindergarten Plus! Each unit delivers a developmentally appropriate approach for teaching and learning. Kindergarten students will learn through active engagement, hands-on activities, observations, experimentation, and social interaction with others.