In Spring Is Here, your kindergarten students will be involved in a variety of hands-on activities that focus on welcoming spring. Activities include:
- comparing and contrasting the different season
- planting and measuring the growth of bean plants
- estimating, counting, sorting, and patterning different varieties of seeds
- sequencing the story The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- reviewing and ordering the days of the week
- investigating the different signs of spring
- creating verses to new and familiar poems
- identifying punctuation symbols
- reviewing basic sight words in our weekly poems and identifying rhyming words, descriptive words, and words that end with “ing”
- identifying and sequencing the life cycle of a butterfly
and much more!
Spring Is Here is one unit in Kindergarten Plus! Each unit delivers a developmentally appropriate approach for teaching and learning. Kindergarten students will learn through active engagement, hands-on activities, observations, experimentation, and social interaction with others.