As the amount of curriculum in today’s classrooms expands and teaching time seems to shrink, teachers are looking for ways to integrate content area and writing instruction. In this revised and expanded edition of Writing Across the Curriculum, Shelley S. Peterson shows teachers how to weave writing and content area instruction together in their classrooms. The author provides practical and helpful ideas for classroom teachers and content-area specialists to easily incorporate writer’s workshop while teaching in their subject area.
New features in this second edition include:
- internet websites that can be used to teach writing (e.g., wiki’s, weblogs, and digital storytelling)
- examples from grades 4-8 classrooms that show how science, social studies, health, and mathematics teachers can also be teachers of poetry, narrative, and non-narrative writing
- new assessment scoring guides
- information on working with struggling writers and supporting English Language Learners
- graphic organizers, templates, and mini-lessons that engage students in learning