Achieving Aboriginal Student Success
A Guide for K to 8 Classrooms
Use this guide to foster respect, appreciation, and understanding of Indigenous perspectives in your classroom.
In this guide for K–8 classrooms, author Pamela Rose Toulouse provides strategies, lesson plans, and hands-on activities that support both Indigenous and non-Indigenous learners. Find support for topics such as:
- infusing Indigenous teaching strategies in the classroom
- increasing literacy success by implementing an Indigenous model
- teaching character education with the Seven Teachings of the Anishinabek
- engaging and connecting with local Indigenous communities
- incorporating seasonal lessons with the 13 moons of the Anishinabek
- using literature-based lesson plans for grades K to 8
Using Anishinaabe teachings as a model, this book will help you infuse Indigenous perspectives into your curriculum, as well as teach to the specific needs of Indigenous students. Find best practices for classroom management, assessment tools, suggestions for connecting with local Indigenous communities, and much more!