Now includes FREE access to the digital reproducibles.
Hands-On Science and Technology for Ontario is filled with a year’s worth of classroom-tested activity-based lesson plans. The grade 2 book is divided into four units based on the current Ontario curriculum for science and technology.
- Growth and Changes in Animals
- Properties of Liquids and Solids
- Air and Water in the Environment
This new edition includes many familiar great features for both teachers and students: curriculum correlation charts; background information on the science and technology topics; complete, easy-to-follow lesson plans; reproducible student materials; materials lists; and hands-on, student-centred activities.
Useful new features include:
- the components of an inquiry-based scientific and technological approach
- Indigenous knowledge and perspectives embedded in lesson plans
- a four-part instructional process—activate, action, consolidate and debrief, and enhance
- an emphasis on technology, sustainability, and personalized learning
- a fully developed assessment plan that includes opportunities for assessment for, as, and of learning
- a focus on real-life technological problem solving
- learning centres that focus on multiple intelligences and universal design for learning (UDL)
- land-based learning activities and Makerspace centres
- FREE access to digital image banks and digital reproducibles (Find download instructions in your book on the reverse side of the title page.)