Foreword by Dr. Shane Templeton
The first edition of Spelling Through Phonics was published in 1982. Since then, over 300,000 copies have been sold.
This 30th Anniversary Edition, is available in the same compact, easy-to-use format that teachers want. It contains:
- the McCrackens’ original spelling instruction program
- an explanation of phonemic awareness and why children need to acquire it
- detailed instructions on how to teach spelling—easily, quickly, and efficiently
- methods to organize children’s spelling practice within the school day
- reproducible spelling checklists for grades 1–3
This 30th Anniversary Edition is dedicated to the memory of The McCrackens’ teaching, and honours their invaluable contributions to language arts across North Amereica.