Hands-On Social Studies for Ontario, Grade 2
An Inquiry Approach
Hands-On Social Studies for Ontario, Grade 2 is filled with a year’s worth of classroom-tested activities. This book is divided into two units:
- Changing Family and Community Traditions
- Global Communities
With materials for both teachers and students, this resource includes many familiar great features: curriculum correlation charts; summary charts showing expectations; complete, easy-to-follow lesson plans; downloadable image banks and reproducible student materials; and hands-on, student-centred activities. Exciting new features include:
- ideas for extending the learning
- opportunities for self-reflection and activating prior knowledge
- authentic assessment for, as, and of learning opportunities
- the five components of the inquiry model
- concepts of social studies thinking, guided inquiry questions, and learning goals
- support for developing historical thinking skills
This resource, developed by experienced educators, focuses on the goals of the Ontario Social Studies curriculum as identified by the Ontario Ministry (2013) and adheres to the Growing Success document for assessment, evaluating, and reporting in Ontario schools.
Download the FREE digital resources (image banks and reproducibles) that accompany this book by following the instructions printed on the first page of the Appendix.