A custom-written social studies resource for Ontario's grade 6 curriculum.
Filled with a year’s worth of classroom-tested activities, this resource conveniently includes everything both teachers and students need.
The grade 6 book is divided into two units:
Communities in Canada, Past and Present
Canada’s Interactions with the Global Community
- focuses on the goals of the Ontario Social Studies curriculum
- adheres to the Growing Success document for assessment, evaluating, and reporting in Ontario schools
- builds understanding of Indigenous knowledge and perspectives
TIME-SAVING, COST-EFFECTIVE FEATURES
- includes the five components of the inquiry model
- opportunities for self-reflection and activating prior knowledge
- authentic assessment for, as, and of learning
- social studies thinking concepts, guided inquiry questions, and learning goals
- support for developing historical thinking skills
- access to digital image banks and digital reproducibles (Find download instructions in the Appendix of the book)